At Townsville Grammar School we believe that teaching and learning is our core purpose. We believe that the achievement of enhanced academic outcomes and personal best performance is a product of shared values, practices and commitment to excellence.
At Grammar we believe:
- Excellence is a product of personal best effort.
- Academic honesty and integrity are not negotiable.
- Students must accept responsibility for their own performance.
- Excuses for academic underachievement are always unacceptable.
- Teachers play a pivotal role in the management of optimal student learning experiences.
- Girls and boys learn differently and teaching practices must recognise not only differences in what boys and girls can do, but what boys and girls want to do.
- Engaging and authentic teaching and learning practices will integrate learning technologies to enable our students to be more fully prepared for life beyond school.
- Families and the boarding environment play a key role in enhancing student learning outcomes.
- The School accepts responsibility for reporting to parents in a manner that is both timely and meaningful.
- The School accepts responsibility for promoting an academic culture where learning and scholastic achievement are highly valued.