Townsville Grammar School is an accredited International Baccalaureate (IB) World School and offers students entering Year 11 the choice between this internationally recognised two year pre-tertiary course of study and the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
The IB Diploma focusses on preparing graduates for tertiary studies and life after school through a balanced liberal educational model. It emphasises high academic standards, critical thinking, intercultural understanding and respect for others and is accepted by universities around the globe with many (both national and international) universities offering dedicated scholarships, bonus entrance points, subject credits and even advanced placement to IB Graduates.
Townsville Grammar School is renowned for its unrivalled academic outcomes in North Queensland. 2013 was no exception with the “best ever” results achieved by the 2013 Year 12 students.
Within the cohort, 136 students gained their tertiary entrance scores through the Queensland Studies Authority curriculum or the International Baccalaureate Diploma. 100% of students who applied for a university or tertiary placement were accepted.
Since the introduction of the OP system in 1992, Townsville Grammar has shown unrivalled improvement in its OP outcomes. The graph below demonstrates the exceptional achievements of students over the past two decades.
Our High Achievers
The Townsville Grammar School 2013 Year 12 results can be summarised as follows:
- Townsville Grammar School has received 141 OP 1s since the introduction of the OP system in 1992. In 2013, 16 students gained an OP 1 and 12 students gained an OP 2, this is inclusive of IB results.
- 37.5% of the cohort gained an OP 1 – 5 compared to the State average of 20%.
- More than half of the cohort achieved an OP 1 – 7 compared with a State average of 31%.
- 80% of the cohort achieved an OP 1 – 12 compared with the State average of 61.6%.
- Townsville Grammar School has received two IB Diploma Scores of 45 since the introduction of the Programme in 2011 - James Maguire in 2012 and Damon Binder in 2013.
For further information about the International Baccalaureate and its programmes, visit www.ibo.org.
International Baccalaureate Scholarship
Townsville Grammar School offers an International Baccalaureate Scholarship. Students undertaking the IB Diploma Programme in Year 11 the following year are encouraged to apply. Click here for more information.
To find out more about the IB Diploma Programme, visit www.ibo.org
International Baccalaureate Co-ordinator, Mr Chris Wilson
P: (07) 4722 4930