Students on both campuses have access to Mr Rocky Jordan, who is the Head of Counselling and Learning Performance. Mr Jordan works closely with the School's staff to assist students with counselling needs. He also works with students who are academically capable, but who are under-achieving at School. This is a challenging area, but one worth tackling for this group of teenagers.
Mr Jordan works with students in the areas of:
- Careers Counselling
- Academic Counselling and Learning Performance
- Personal Counselling
The Townsville Grammar Career Information Centre is located in the Library and is open daily. In the centre, students will find a comprehensive collection of career information including:
- Handbooks from universities through Australia
- Local and Australia wide TAFE information
- Job descriptions for most occupations with information about education, training, employment opportunities and personal requirements
- Resume and CV tips
- Job search skills
- Interviewing tips
- Work experience, Traineeships and Apprenticeships
This information is available to the students through:
- Printed publications
- Computer databases
Rocky Jordan also works with students in the area of study skills such as study timetables, test preparation and note-taking skills and much more.
In his other role as the School Counsellor, Mr Jordan is available to students from both campuses as a qualified counsellor.
Parents should feel free to contact Mr Jordan about any concerns they may have about their son/daughter’s education via (07) 4722 4903.