A Grammar Education - Schools of Excellence
2nd September 2020
Developing young people of character and service
Townsville Grammar School has a long-standing reputation as the leading academic school in North Queensland, however the Grammar experience is far wider and deeper, with academic learning as the foundation.
A Grammar education provides a broad, liberal education, one which strives to develop young people of character who have a service mindset. “This is about being aware of the community, the environment and world beyond our own,” explains Principal Timothy Kelly.
“We equip students with the academic foundations, the critical thinking skills and the mindset to contribute compassionately and passionately to their world beyond school.”
As one of eight Grammar schools in Queensland, Townsville Grammar School is widely renowned for delivering an exceptional education, where students are encouraged and supported to strive for personal best, whatever that may represent to the individual.
“A Grammar education is ultimately about personal best,” said Mr Kelly. “We set the standards high for respectful behaviours, and this translates into maximised learning in the classroom and into a school culture where manners, inclusivity, a sense of welcome and joy are evident. Our students are encouraged and supported every day to strive for their best, and we believe this is an important attitude for life beyond school - for relationships, families, workplaces and communities.
“This is what a Grammar education strives to achieve. Young people with character, with a service mindset, with manners and respect for self and others.”
- Leading NAPLAN results for Secondary & Primary schools outside of South East Queensland
- Consistently strong Year 12 outcomes
- IB Diploma results above national benchmarks (IB World School)
- More than 50 co-curricular programs and clubs offered in Secondary School
- Leadership and community service opportunities
- P-12 Pastoral Care program
- Co-educational boarding Years 7-12
- Bus Service connecting the three Campuses (Annandale, North Ward & North Shore)