More pages in this section
Parent involvement and engagement in the life of our Townsville Grammar School community is warmly welcomed.
There are many ways in which parents can be involved, and often parent engagement changes as children mature and progress through to secondary school.
Tips for parent engagement:
- Read School newsletters
- Follow the School on social media
- Attend School events, class excursions and assemblies when possible
- Talk with your child's teacher/s about ways in which you can assist or be involved with the classroom
- Attend Parent/Teacher interviews
- Download the School app (search Schoolzine in the app store)
- Use Parent Lounge
- Join in Parent Network meetings (Prep-12) held once per month during term time.
TGS Parent Network
The TGS Parents Network provides a great opportunity for parents from all Campuses to support the School.
All parents, from Pre-Prep to Year 12 are welcome to attend our friendly and welcoming monthly meetings where we discuss ways in which we can support the school through a range of activities and events.
The Parents Network is also a great way to meet other parents across the Campuses and helps to build our community spirit.
Meetings occur each month (during term time) in the School Library at the North Ward Campus. The School Principal also attends and provides an update on the School. The schedule of meetings is below, or available on the School calendar.
There are a number of ways in which you can be involved. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Parent Network committee via firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to one of our meetings.
Parent Network Meeting Dates
6:30-7:30pm in the School Library at the North Ward Campus.
Entrance is via the School gates on Burke Street.
- Thursday, 20 February
- Thursday, 26 March
- Thursday, 30 April
- Thursday, 28 May
- Thursday, 30 July
- Wednesday, 26 August
- Thursday, 22 October
- Wednesday, 18 November AGM (off-campus, venue TBA)