More pages in this section
Effective communication is vital in building community and ensuring optimal student and parent engagement across our three Campuses.
Townsville Grammar School provides information to its parent community on a regular and timely basis using several communication methods, as outlined below.
In addition, parents are invited to attend a range of events including information sessions, parent/teacher interviews and social functions, ensuring the best educational outcomes for their child/children.
- Principal’s Newsletters (monthly)
- Junior School Newsletters - Annandale Update & North Shore News (fortnightly)
- Early Education Newsletter - twice per term
- Parent Lounge (online portal) - see below
- School App - see below
- Website - refer home page for School notices, news and events
- TGS Social Media
Should parents have any enquiries, please contact our School Receptions for information and assistance. We greatly appreciate the respectful relationships developed both within our School and the wider community.
Parent Lounge provides parents and families with an online portal, with access to a range of information and services. Parents are provided with a Username and Password on enrolment, and logging in will provide access to the following services:
- Check attendance records
- View student timetables
- View current and past academic reports
- View individual subject results
- Email class teachers
- Book and view Parent Teacher Interview appointments
- Electronically accept and pay for tours, excursions and school activities
- Check and pay account statements online
- Update student and family details and medical information
- Access School notices and policies
- Access the Sports Portal for handbooks, fixtures and results
How to Access Parent Lounge
Parents will be provided with a Username and Password at enrolment.
- A link to PARENT LOUNGE is available via our website (footer of Home Page)
- Click on PARENT LOUNGE
- Login using your five digit numerical Username and your Password.
School App (SZapp)
For convenience, Townsville Grammar School also has an App that can be downloaded to Apple and Android devices (mobile phones and tablets). Much of the information that is available on PARENT LOUNGE is also available on the App, however the App also provides you with alerts, that can be tailored to your needs.
- Absentee Forms
- School Calendar
- Flexischools (tuckshop and uniforms)
- School Commencement Information
- Event reminders
- Important news updates (e.g. weather, bus)
- School event information eg: Production
Tailor Your Alerts
All alerts can be tailored to only send information relevant to your child’s year level or sporting group. You can set this up in the SETTINGS section of the App.
How to Download the App:
1. SEARCH FOR “SCHOOLZINE” IN THE APP STORE (SZapp)
2. SELECT OUR REGION – ASIA PACIFIC AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND
3. SEARCH FOR TOWNSVILLE GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Before you can add TGS, you will need to register. Enter your email, name and password.
Confirm your email - You will be emailed a confirmation email.
5. ALLOW PERMISSIONS
Once you open the TGS App, you will be asked to allow access to storage on your device. This is required to ensure that SZapp can access the necessary files to store crucial data on your device.
6. MANAGE NOTIFICATIONS - Choose which year groups or sporting groups from which you would like to receive notifications.
7.USE THE APP
- The HOME tab
Displays most recent news items and links to important School information and tools.
- The FEED Tab
Shows a summary view of all news items to which you have subscribed.
- The MANAGE tab
Allows you to customise the information in your news feed, and which push notifications you will receive.
TGS Boarding uses REACH Boarding Management System for all Boarder leave.
This online system allows Boarders to apply for leave from any device, allowing parents to approve leave remotely, without unnecessary emails or calls to boarding staff.
The Boarding Handbook outlines more information on the leave process for general, school day, weekend and end/start of term leave.