Sat 15th December
At Townsville Grammar School we believe that teaching and learning is our core purpose. We believe that the achievement of enhanced academic outcomes and personal best performance is a product of shared values, practices and commitment to excellence.
At Grammar we believe:
- Excellence is a product of personal best effort.
- Academic honesty and integrity are not negotiable.
- Students must accept responsibility for their own performance.
- Excuses for academic underachievement are always unacceptable.
- Teachers play a pivotal role in the management of optimal student learning experiences.
- Girls and boys learn differently and teaching practices must recognise not only differences in what boys and girls can do, but what boys and girls want to do.
- Engaging and authentic teaching and learning practices will integrate learning technologies to enable our students to be more fully prepared for life beyond school.
- Families and the boarding environment play a key role in enhancing student learning outcomes.
- The School accepts responsibility for reporting to parents in a manner that is both timely and meaningful.
- The School accepts responsibility for promoting an academic culture where learning and scholastic achievement are highly valued.