Mon 21st May
Available for download below is the North Ward Master Plan brochure to give you an insight into the exciting redevelopment plans for the North Ward campus of Townsville Grammar School.
The intent of the Master Plan is to guide the further capital development of the Middle and Senior Schools on the North Ward campus to provide modern facilities that enhance the teaching and learning environment for our staff and students.
The following is a brief overview of the major capital works proposed in the Master Plan:
- a new Senior Boarding House on the Paxton Street frontage near the existing Boarding House;
- a new vehicle/pedestrian corridor and access through to Landsborough Street and the closure of the vehicle access to Paxton Street from the front of the existing Boarding House;
- restoration and rehabilitation works, in accordance with heritage guidelines, on the 108 years old School House will commence in 2013 as part of the celebration of the 125th anniversary of the founding of the school in 1888. School House will, through innovative design, become a focal point of student, school community and past grammarian activity and will also contain school governance and management facilities. The building will be open to the Bourke Street frontage after the removal of the existing single level library building;
- a new Senior School, located behind the Middle School, that will have modern teaching and learning areas, a new library/resource centre, expanded tuckshop/café and innovative covered space for student activities;
- further science classrooms/laboratories added to the Rheuben Science building and a new female toilets and amenities facility.