Fri 9th June
Positive Education is a whole school community initiative that promotes positive relationships, emotion, health, engagement, accomplishment and purpose.
Positive Education is directly linked to the evidence based outcomes and benefits of Positive Psychology. Positive Education aims to produce well-rounded and resilient individuals who possess a unique capability to thrive personally, academically and professionally and who are well-equipped to contribute to society in a satisfying and meaningful way.
Positive Education is the framework that supports our Pre-Prep - Year 12 Pastoral Care Programme and focuses on providing students and staff with the skills needed to manage and cope with everyday opportunities and challenges in our ever-changing world.
At Townsville Grammar School, all students participate in our ongoing ‘character strengths’ based Pastoral Care Programme. Our strength based approach focuses on six educational domains and 24 universally accepted character strengths (see below).
Educational Domains and Character Strengths
- Positive Relationship – Kindness, Love and Social Intelligence
- Positive Emotions – Appreciation of Beauty, Gratitude, Hope, Humour and Belief
- Positive Health – Forgiveness, Modesty, Prudence and Self-control
- Positive Engagement – Teamwork, Fairness and Leadership
- Positive Accomplishment – Creativity, Curiosity, Open-mindedness, Love of Learning and Perspective and,
- Positive Purpose – Honesty, Bravery, Persistence and Zest