More pages in this section
A Grammar Education
The Townsville Grammar School motto, Bonus Intra Melior Exi (enter good, exit better) is the guiding philosophy of the School.
The Townsville Grammar School experience is one where students are inspired to strive for personal best, and in doing so, develop character, knowledge and a great love for discovery. A Grammar Education is a combination of the delivery of exceptional education and an extensive co-curricular offering in a values-based environment.
Townsville Grammar School has an enduring reputation for educational leadership:
- Consistently leading results in NAPLAN and Year 12 outcomes, ranking the highest of schools outside of SE Queensland
- IB Diploma Program with results above national benchmarks
- Specialist teachers in a professional learning community
- P-12 Leadership development opportunities and community outreach
- P-12 Pastoral Care Program “Positive Education”
- Extensive Sports, Music, Performing Arts and Cultural Programs
- Co-educational boarding from Year 7
Students from Prep to Year 12 participate in the "Positive Education" Pastoral Care Program which helps them to identify and develop their own individual character strengths and learn to maximise these in developing respectful relationships. Together with community service opportunities and leadership programs, students at Townsville Grammar School are supported to develop character, resilience, compassion and integrity; a strong foundation for a life of purpose and passion.
Alumni - Past Grammarians
As one of eight Grammar schools in Queensland, Townsville Grammar School has been supporting generations of families with day tuition and boarding, since 1888. The School has a strong alumni and students are encouraged to join the Past Grammarians Association upon graduation.