Thu 14th September
At Townsville Grammar School we believe that our core purpose in boarding is to care for and nurture the students who have been placed in our charge. We strive to make residential life a positive growth experience for all boarders by providing a safe and secure environment where our boarders are encouraged to achieve their personal best. Our pastoral care framework encourages the development of individual and group character strengths and well-being.
We believe that:
- A safe and secure environment is our first priority, where our boarders consider their boarding house as a ‘home away from home’.
- Our boarders should be provided with opportunities to participate in stimulating and challenging sporting, cultural and recreational activities so as to foster holistic well-being, personal growth and a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
- The adoption of Positive Education principles supports well-being and personal growth in our boarders.
- Academic personal best can be realised through the fostering of a love of learning and sound study habits.
- Every member of the boarding community has a role to play in the creation of a caring ‘boarding family’ where we look after each other.
- Honesty and integrity are vital for a successful boarding life.
- Our boarders need to take ownership of their behaviour, accepting responsibility for their actions.
- Independence and self-reliance are important life skills for all boarders to learn and apply.
- Pride in self engenders pride and care for our physical boarding environment.
- Mutual respect and open-mindedness foster good interpersonal relationships and celebration of difference.