More pages in this section
School App & Parent Lounge
The School App and Parent Lounge are important and convenient communication tools for parents and families.
Parent Lounge provides parents and families with an online portal, with access to a range of information and services.
Parents are provided with a Username and Password on enrolment, and logging in will provide access to the following services:
- Check attendance records
- View student timetables
- View current and past academic reports
- View individual subject results
- Email class teachers
- Book and view Parent Teacher Interview appointments
- Electronically accept and pay for tours, excursions and school activities
- Check and pay account statements online
- Update student and family details and medical information
- Access School notices and policies
- Access the Sports Portal for handbooks, fixtures and results
HOW TO ACCESS
Parents will be provided with a Username and Password at enrolment.
- Log on to Parent Lounge
- Login using your five digit numerical Username and your Password.
School App (SZapp)
The Townsville Grammar School App can be downloaded to Apple and Android devices (mobile phones and
Much of the information that is available on PARENT LOUNGE is also available on the App, however the App also provides you with alerts, that can be tailored to your needs.
TAILOR YOUR ALERTS!
All alerts can be tailored to only send information relevant to your child’s year level or sporting group. You can set this up in the SETTINGS section of the App.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE TGS APP
1. SEARCH FOR “SCHOOLZINE” IN THE APP STORE (SZapp)
2. SELECT OUR REGION – ASIA PACIFIC AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND
3. SEARCH FOR TOWNSVILLE GRAMMAR SCHOOL
Before you can add TGS, you will need to register.
Enter your email, name and password.
5. CONFIRM YOUR EMAIL
You will be emailed a confirmation email.
6. ALLOW PERMISSIONS
Once you open the TGS App, you will be asked to allow access to storage on your device. This is required to ensure that SZapp can access the necessary files to store crucial data on your device.
7. MANAGE NOTIFICATIONS
Choose which year groups or sporting groups from which you would like to receive notifications.
8. USE THE APP
The HOME tab (which runs across the top of the app) displays most recent news items and links to important School information and tools.
The FEED Tab (Which runs across the top of the app) shows a summary view of all news items to which you have subscribed.
The MANAGE tab (Which runs across the top of the app) allows you to customise the information in your news feed, and which push notifications you will receive.