More pages in this section
Principal's Welcome Function
Parents from all three campuses (Pre-Prep to Year 12 day and boarding) are warmly invited to join us for our annual Principal's Welcome Function to celebrate the beginning of the new School year. Please note, this is an adults only function.
Monday 23 January 2023, 5:00 -6:30pm | North Ward Campus
Please RSVP by Wednesday, 18 January 2023
All families will receive a 2023 Wall Calendar in the first week of School. Please note, from time to time throughout the year, there may be some changes to event dates. Our online calendar will always be the most up to date version.
Prep - Year 2
Prep – Year 2
Years 7 - 12
Years 3 - 6
Years 3 – 6
New Students FAQs
Townsville Grammar School uniforms are available from The School Locker, located at Domain Central. Uniform lists are available below. The School Locker stocks all TGS uniforms, shoes, sports equipment, music supplies and technology. Online ordering is available and boarding orders will be delivered to the School.
- Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
Shop 1B / 161 Duckworth Street (Domain Central)
07 44308500 | email@example.com
Books & Stationery - Junior School
All Junior School students will receive a book pack on the first day of School. This will contain all exercise books, text books and basic stationery that your child will need throughout the year. Your child’s teacher will go through these supplies during the first week and will send items home for labelling and covering during the course of the week.
Each child is required to supply their own pencil case.
Text Books & Stationery Lists (Years 7-12)
Text Books & Stationery Order Forms (Progress Books)
Secondhand Text Books - Buy, Swap & Sell Markets at TGS (Years 7-12)
The TGS Parents Network is hosting another buy/swap/sell market at the School in January. For families wishing to purchase pre-loved text books (please check the 2023 text book lists), you may do so at these markets. There can be no guarantee of the availability of books. Cash sales only.
Saturday, 21 January
9:00-11:00am Centenary Gymnasium, North Ward Campus
SELLING OR DONATING BOOKS:
For families wishing to sell text books that are on the 2023 text book lists, you are welcome to bring them to the Market, claim a table and sell.
Alternatively, you may wish to donate books (those that are on the 2023 text book list) to the Parents Network who will on-sell them, with funds raised going to the School's Parents Network activities. Please bring your text books into the School reception at the North Ward Campus.
All three campuses use an online ordering system through Flexischools.
To access, visit www.flexischools.com.au
To create a Flexischools online account:
1. Go to https://flexischools.com.au/ and click Register.
2. Go to Students > Add a student and type your child’s details.
3. Choose the correct School and Campus
4. Choose your child’s year level and class.
5. To enable cashless purchases, type the Student Code from your child’s Student ID Card into the Student Card Number field.
Vacation Care Bookings & Programs
Please click here to view upcoming Vacation Care Programs and Booking Form.
Co-Curricular Music & Dance
Student Medical & Medical Action Plans
If parents complete a Medical Action Plan/s for their child, please note that it is the parents’ responsibility to supply the School Nurse or First Aid Officer with the appropriate medication cited on the Medical Action Plan. Medications thus supplied should be clearly labelled with a pharmaceutical label, inclusive of the child’s name and pharmaceutical administration instructions.
Fees + Family Fee Cap
Please scroll below to find the schedule of fees for 2023.
Townsville Grammar School offers sibling discounts for families with two or three children enrolled, and a Family Fee Cap, for families with three or more full-fee paying students from Prep-Year 12 across our three Campuses.
In 2023, this means the maximum a family will pay for Tuition is $31,000 per year ($7,750 per term).
The Family Fee ceiling will take effect once all other deductions, such as sibling discounts, scholarships and bursaries, have already been deducted. Once all such deductions for a family have been applied, the family will only be required to pay the lesser of discounted amount or the Family Fee amount – whichever is the smaller amount.
Our family discount schedule is below:
- 1st child: Full Tuition fees apply
- 2nd child: 10% discount for Tuition fees
- 3rd child: 25% discount for Tuition fees (Family Fee Cap will apply)
- 4th and subsequent children: 50% discount for Tuition fees (Family Fee Cap will apply)
If you have three or more children enrolled at Townsville Grammar School, or you are looking to enrol your family in any of our three campuses, talk to us about the Family Fee Cap.
Newsletters and Notices
The Principal's Newsletter is distributed twice each term, usually Week 3 and Week 8, to families across all campuses.
The Junior School Campuses each have a fortnightly newsletter for campus families - the Annandale Update and the North Shore News.
Important School Notices are posted to:
- School website - Homepage / scroll down to the EVENTS, NOTICES, NEWS, ARTICLES section
- School app - Download instructions are available below (School Communication).
- School Facebook - search Townsville Grammar School
Parent Communication + School App & Parent Lounge
TGS Parents Network
Our TGS Parents Network provides a great opportunity for parents from all Campuses to support the School.
All parents, from Pre-Prep to Year 12 are welcome to attend our friendly and welcoming monthly meetings where we discuss ways in which we can support the school through a range of activities and events. The Parents Network is also a great way to meet other parents across the Campuses and helps to build our community spirit.
Meetings occur each month (during term time) in the School Library at the North Ward Campus. The School Principal also attends and provides an update on the School. Click here for the schedule of meetings for 2023.
There are a number of ways in which you can be involved. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Parent Network committee via firstname.lastname@example.org, or come to one of our meetings.
- 2023 School Wall Calendar - will be distributed to families in Week 1, Term 1.
- 2023 School Handbook will be distributed to new families in Week 1, Term 1, and will be available online
- School Magazine - will be distributed to families in Term 1 (see below)
- Principal's Speech Day Report - available online and hard copies are available from the North Ward Campus office.
- The Grammarian magazine - available online and hard copies are available from the North Ward Campus office.
* Please note, due to the new ATAR system, Year 12 results are not available until early January, and therefore, the School Magazine cannot be completed and printed until these outcomes/prizes are confirmed for inclusion. School Magazines will now be distributed in February each year.