More pages in this section
Welcome to our 2024 School Commencement page.
All families will receive a 2024 Wall Calendar in the first week of School. Please note, from time to time throughout the year, there may be some changes to event dates. Our online calendar will always be the most up to date version.
Prep - Year 2
Prep – Year 2
Years 7 - 12
Years 3 - 6
Years 3 – 6
New Families FAQs
International Student Handbook
- Monday-Friday: 8:30am-5:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-4:00pm
Shop 1B / 161 Duckworth Street (Domain Central)
07 44308500 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Books & Stationery - Junior School
All Junior School students will receive a book pack on the first day of School. This will contain all exercise books, text books and basic stationery that your child will need throughout the year. Your child’s teacher will go through these supplies during the first week and will send items home for labelling and covering during the course of the week.
Each child is required to supply their own pencil case.
Books & Stationery - Years 7-12
Text Books: TGS uses as an online text and digital book supplier - Box of Books
Book lists are provided below, along with an information flyer to assist with the ordering system.
Click here for our FAQs.
Stationery items cannot be ordered through Box of Books.
Stationery lists for 2024 are below.
Book Lists Years 7-12
Stationery Years 7-12
North Ward Campus
The tuckshop menu changes daily, and food items are available for breakfast, morning tea and lunch. Payment at the tuckshop can be via cash or eftpos.
Both Junior School campuses offer an online ordering system through www.flexischools.com.au
To create a Flexischools online account:
1. Go to https://flexischools.com.au/ and click Register.
2. Go to Students > Add a student and type your child’s details.
3. Choose the correct School and Campus
4. Choose your child’s year level and class.
5. To enable cashless purchases, type the Student Code from your child’s Student ID Card into the Student Card Number field.
Please click here for information about our TGS and Translink bus services in 2024.
Vacation Care Bookings & Programs
Please click here to view upcoming Vacation Care Programs and Booking Form.
Student Medical & Medical Action Plans
If parents complete a Medical Action Plan/s for their child, please note that it is the parents’ responsibility to supply the School Nurse or First Aid Officer with the appropriate medication cited on the Medical Action Plan. Medications thus supplied should be clearly labelled with a pharmaceutical label, inclusive of the child’s name and pharmaceutical administration instructions.
Fees + Family Fee Cap
Please scroll below to find the schedule of fees for 2024.
Townsville Grammar School offers sibling discounts for families with two or three children enrolled, and a Family Fee Cap, for families with three or more full-fee paying students from Prep-Year 12 across our three Campuses.
In 2024, this means the maximum a family will pay for Tuition is $33,170.
The Family Fee ceiling will take effect once all other deductions, such as sibling discounts, scholarships and bursaries, have already been deducted. Once all such deductions for a family have been applied, the family will only be required to pay the lesser of discounted amount or the Family Fee amount – whichever is the smaller amount.
Our family discount schedule is below:
- 1st child: Full Tuition fees apply
- 2nd child: 10% discount for Tuition fees
- 3rd child: 25% discount for Tuition fees (Family Fee Cap will apply)
- 4th and subsequent children: 50% discount for Tuition fees (Family Fee Cap will apply)
If you have three or more children enrolled at Townsville Grammar School, or you are looking to enrol your family in any of our three campuses, talk to us about the Family Fee Cap.
Newsletters and Notices
The Principal's Newsletter is distributed twice each term, usually Week 3 and Week 8, to families across all campuses.
The Junior School Campuses each have a fortnightly newsletter for campus families - the Annandale Update and the North Shore News.
Important School Notices are posted to:
- School website - Homepage / scroll down to the EVENTS, NOTICES, NEWS, ARTICLES section
- School app - Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play - search Townsville Grammar School / download / go to settings and then manage your subscriptions.
- School Facebook - search Townsville Grammar School.
TGS Parents Network
Our TGS Parents Network provides a great opportunity for parents from all Campuses to support the School.
All parents, from Pre-Prep to Year 12 are welcome to attend our friendly and welcoming monthly meetings where we discuss ways in which we can support the school through a range of activities and events. The Parents Network is also a great way to meet other parents across the campuses and helps to build our community spirit.
Meetings occur each month (during term time) in the School Library at the North Ward Campus. The School Principal also attends and provides an update on the School. Click here for the schedule of meetings for 2024.
There are a number of ways in which you can be involved. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact our Parent Network committee via email@example.com, or come to one of our meetings.
EVENTS - Each year we have a number of events for our Grammar community. In 2024 these will include the Parents Network Black & Gold Ball (Saturday, 8 June), and the Mothers' Day and Fathers' Day lunches.
- 2024 School Wall Calendar - will be distributed to families in Week 1, Term 1.
- 2024 School Handbook will be distributed to new families in Week 1, Term 1, and will be available online
- School Magazine - will be distributed to families in Term 1 (see below)
- Principal's Speech Day Report - available online and hard copies are available from the North Ward Campus office.
- The Grammarian magazine - available online and hard copies are available from the North Ward Campus office.
* Please note, due to the new ATAR system, Year 12 results are not available until early January, and therefore, the School Magazine cannot be completed and printed until these outcomes/prizes are confirmed for inclusion. School Magazines will now be distributed in February/March each year.