More pages in this section
The TGS bus service is free of charge to Junior School students.
Secondary School students can purchase TGS bus tickets from North Ward School Reception to travel on a TGS bus and our chartered exclusive services.
There are three ticket purchasing options:
- Term Pass for unlimited travel $280.00
- TGS Travellers Tickets (Book of 50 tickets) $185.00
- Casual Traveller Ticket $4.00
The Bus Service form below outlines THREE BUS OPTIONS:
- TGS OWNED AND OPERATED BUSES
- TGS CHARTERED BUSES – OPERATED BY SUNBUS
- GOVERNMENT SCHOOL BUSES – OPERATED BY SUNBUS
Bus Code of Conduct & Behaviour Policy
It is paramount that the conduct of Grammar students on buses is exemplary, for not only their own and others' safety, but also that the name of Townsville Grammar School students is held in the highest regard. At all times, students must behave in a manner that demonstrates mutual respect and care for others.
The following examples of unacceptable behaviours will not be tolerated:
- walking around the bus - (all students are to be seated and buckled up if belts are available)
- throwing of objects
- yelling, screaming, swearing or unacceptable remarks
- rude gestures
- bullying of any kind
- use of mobile phones/electronic devices in an inappropriate manner
N.B. No Junior School student is to use a mobile phone on the bus. This Code of Conduct and Behaviour Policy applies to all students catching either Townsville Grammar School buses or Sunbus buses to and from home and/or between campuses of a morning or afternoon on any given day, and travel to and from Sport and co-curricular activities.
The consequences of unacceptable behaviour on the bus may include an immediate suspension from bus travel for a specified period of time; Saturday detention; suspension from School; or any other consequence deemed appropriate by the School.
Parents are required to sign the Townsville Grammar School Bus Policy detailed in the School Diary.