More pages in this section
Pastoral Care at Townsville Grammar School is a whole of school approach that encompasses many facets that contribute to the wellbeing and development of students.
In the Junior School, the Pastoral Care approach includes the following:
- Pastoral Care program, "Positive Education" (see below)
- Transition Programs
- School Counsellor (Junior School)
- Defence School Mentor
- Camps & Tours
- Leadership & Community Service opportunities
- Encouragement of parent engagement and involvement wherever possible
- Inter-Campus events and activities
- Extensive co-curricular offerings in sport, dance, art, music, STEM, debating and public speaking, chess, gardening, swimming and fitness.
Junior School Counsellor
Defence School Mentor
Townsville Grammar School is dedicated to supporting Defence families and a Defence School Mentor is available for all three Campuses. The School acknowledges that additional care may be required during times of deployment, exercise and throughout the year. The support from the DTMs makes a genuine difference - ensuring students know they are not alone, especially if a parent is away for an extended period.
Learn more | Contact our Defence School Mentors
Mrs Angela Williams Defence
Annandale & North Shore Campuses
Mrs Mary Gunn
North Ward Campus