More pages in this section
Community & Leadership
Service Leadership is one of the hallmarks of a Grammar education in developing young people of character.
Every student at Townsville Grammar School has the opportunity to explore leadership within themselves and to develop a service-leadership mindset, which will help them beyond school to be contributing and respectful members of society.
In Years 7-12, community service and leadership opportunities include:
- School events, assemblies and academic events
- Interschool events
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Camps and tours
- Middle School Committees (Years 7-9)
- Buddy Program (Years 7 and 9)
- Leadership positions - Year 9 (Middle School leaders) and Year 12 (Senior School leaders)
- School leadership committees in Service, Academic, Boarding, Wellbeing, Junior School Liasion and School Spirit.
- Opportunities for school representation in sport, arts, cultural, service and special interest activities/events
- Community service days
- TGS Interact Club (Rotary)
- Civic, cultural, sporting and service-based community events
- Sony Foundation Children's Holiday Camp
- Challenge Games