2020 ATAR Results
19th December 2020
YEAR 12 OUTCOMES | 2020
Congratulations to our Year 12 cohort on their outstanding achievements in this first ATAR year. A message from our Principal, Timothy Kelly is below.
Particular congratulations to Emily Price and Sophie de Jersey who have received the top score, 99.95 – two of only 30 students in Queensland to receive this result.
Townsville Grammar School ATAR results 2020:
- 99.95 - Two students (out of 30 in Queensland to receive the top score)
- 99.00 and above - 12.8%
- 95.00 and above - 32.1%
- 90.00 and above - 45%
- Median ATAR score - 89.15
- 18 students received QCAA Academic Commendations for receiving straight A results in six General subjects - one student received an A in seven General subjects.
- Eight (8) students received a result of 100% for their subject.
- 21 students received 100% on their final external assessment.
These results are equivalent to
- OP 1 15 students
- OP 1-5 42.2%
MESSAGE FROM THE PRINCIPAL | MR TIMOTHY KELLY
The School community is exceptionally proud of each of our Year 12 students for the way they handled the unique challenges of 2020, and congratulate them on their individual achievements.
We are also very proud of the cohort’s academic achievements in this first ATAR year. Our School has a long history of performing at a very high level academically, and this is due to exceptionally dedicated students, our highly qualified teaching staff, a disciplined and structured learning environment, and the influence of parents who support the culture of a Grammar education.
Our Year 12s have demonstrated both resilience and a commitment to striving for personal best, and I am confident this will serve them well as they pursue their chosen pathways.
I look forward to continuing our connections with them as Past Grammarians.