More pages in this section
Townsville Grammar School has an enduring reputation as the educational leader in Northern Queensland, consistently ranking the highest for academic outcomes for both Junior and Secondary in schools outside of SE Queensland.
Our teaching and learning approach aligns with the evidence-based Townsville Grammar School Pedagogical Framework.
Across the School, teachers seek to foster a broad love of learning with a particular focus on literacy and numeracy as well as a range of specialist subjects and areas including STEM, the Arts, Humanities, Languages, Technology and Physical Education. The academic focus supports students to learn the 21st Century skills of critical thinking, creativity, collaboration and communication.
Members of our professional teaching community are guided by our Director of Studies and our Head of Teaching and Learning.
Our Teaching and Learning culture is based on the following:
- A carefully appointed professional teaching team across Junior and Secondary
- Specialist Teachers and Tutors
- High behaviour expectations of students
- A long-standing culture where students are supported and encouraged to strive for personal best
- A values-based school environment developing young people of character
- A strong Pastoral Care program supported by the School's Health & Wellbeing Team
- A balanced offering of exceptional education, extensive co-curricular opportunities, community service and leadership development
- A partnership with parents to enhance learning and the overall student experience
If you are interested in career opportunities with Townsville Grammar School, visit our Employment & Careers Page. We have teaching opportunities from EEC through to Year 12, as well as opportunities in a range of supporting areas.
Learn more | Contact our Director of Studies:
Dr Carolyn Moores
Director of Studies
07 4722 4900